Direct Client : Power and Automation company
Job Title : Sr. Software Architect (ID: 7407-1)
Location : Houston, TX 77024
Duration : 6+ Months
The Senior Software Architect must ensure that the product and relevant technology enablers meet both functional and non-functional requirements, and ensure that a product is of a high quality from a technology point of view. Define the technical strategy for a product area, and to ensure that this fits with the wider company strategies. Provide architectural and big picture oversight for development of new or enhanced products. Work with various product developers, product managers, and customer application experts to create software products containing required features and modifications. Provide technical advice to other departments within the organization, and may be responsible for integrating components built by product developers.
• Defining, developing and deploying technical strategy across EPM
• Troubleshooting issues
• Assisting other team members
• Developing product and industry expertise
• Provides expertise in tools necessary to develop new software
• To be an authority within the product portfolio responsible for the technical specification of projects and choice of technology including the development, integration, testing, infrastructure used and ongoing operational maintenance.
• To interpret product and project requirements and translate these into solutions that can be implemented by the development teams
• To promote the re-use of code, components, and systems in order to ensure that these support the widest range of company products possible and are aligned with technical strategy.
• To ensure that products delivered are supportable, cost effective, meet the department’s strategic business needs, and align to the departmental technical strategy.
• To be a technical authority within a product area.
• To produce clear technical design documentation and diagrams detailing existing and proposed technical architectures.
• To assist the Chief Architect in defining the technical strategy.
• Along with the Chief Architect, to drive and represent the technology strategy to the rest of company.
• To assist the Product Manager by advising on product roadmaps to achieve strategic goals.
• To provide technical consultancy, expertise and advice to the development teams and management on matters of technical architecture and infrastructure developments, including their feasibility.
• To assist with improving the standard of technical delivery and competencies within the technical teams.
• To build effective relationships with other technical teams.
• To align architectural solutions with other product groups including collaboration on solution design to ensure fit-for-purpose end-to-end solutions.
• To analyze existing and future product volumetrics and ensure that the architecture is fit for purpose.
• To make significant contributions to the two-way dialogue with platform & operations teams about the ongoing development of the platform strategy.
• Provide architectural leadership for software development efforts by integrating various technologies such as web applications, relational databases, information security, servers, networking, etc.
• Review and analyze current systems and processes to determine requirements.
• Provide high-level analysis and design reviews to solve conceptual problems and avoid duplication of efforts within different applications.
• Work with third party vendors to integrate their technologies within organization's structure.
• Evaluate new technologies and recommend extension, expansion, and update of technology standards, practices, and methodologies.
• Ensure design, structure, and content meet performance guidelines.
• Lead strategic technology and architecture decisions (which tie to the customer and business needs) through the product planning process.
• Analyze the performance of hardware and software interfaces and identify alternatives for optimizing the usage of computer resources.
• Lead process/tool improvements. Champion new approaches that impact the business through improvements and technical advances effectively with all areas of technical development, including IT, configuration management and applications development.
• Influence and persuade across boundaries and poles. Communicate effectively throughout whole organization from executive to applications personnel regarding architecture.
• May communicate with clients and project teams on problem resolution, design issues, and technical implementations.
• Understand and evaluate the technical strategy and/or architectural options available to provide solutions. Conduct research on potential ideas and how they may play out in the marketplace. Able to implement solutions across product lines.
• Capable of developing Proof of Concept (POC) to demonstrate options.
• Lead process/tool improvements within group and across technical teams, including configuration management and application product development groups. Take lead on complex implementations of new approaches that impact the business through improvements in cost and quality.
• Has expertise in selected areas of architecture and works with senior staff to clarify current technical structure. Drive effective cross-functional dialog.
• Provide technical knowledge regarding architecture, technical platforms, or programming languages in area of specialty.
• Ensure that expertise is inclusive of latest architecture and design strategy and ensures that all members of the team are cognizant of the latest architecture and design strategy as well as the development process. Has expert knowledge of the development process and may mentor junior personnel. May lead larger and more complex projects on the team.
• Coordinate involvement of operations, marketing, sales and customers with technical vision.
• Deliverables for an architect involve documentation.
These may include:
• Requirements/Statement of Work
• Design Documents (Functional, Technical, Composite)
• Developer’s Guidelines
• Install Guide
• User Guide
Education and/or Experience
• Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent; and/or fifteen or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A background in software engineering, database design, or software design and architecture.
• Demonstrable experience developing software in a SOA paradigm
• In-depth knowledge of large scale database design and optimization
• A solid understanding of how to work with different text encodings
• Experience working with structured data formats (e.g. RDF, ATOM, XML)
• Experience leading a technical or multi-disciplinary team
• A knowledge of company products, output, or infrastructure would be an advantage
• Excellent communication, organization, and project management skills.
• Extensive proven experience in specifying, developing and deploying architectures and infrastructure for software applications in a new media multi-tiered application environment
• Experience in defining and developing high-volume, horizontally scalable architectures.
• Experience in defining, developing, or integrating search systems, leveraging very large data sets, and a thorough understanding of search technologies
• Experience in working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams with a focus on delivery.
• A broad knowledge of existing and emerging technologies and their potential to enhance the performance and robustness of a technical architecture.
• Ability to think strategically and evaluate options in the short, medium and long term.
• Translate business and feature requirements into technical specifications
• Experience in communicating complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
• Has knowledge and understanding of one or more operating systems (client and/or server), disciplines (client/server, web server), programming languages, prototyping tools/methods, scripting languages, and software tools for design, development and testing.
• Experience evaluating new technologies for their appropriateness to proposed solutions, including assessing their strategic and/or tactical benefit to the product or wider department
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
• Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Physical Demands
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.