Our client is a major insurance company in houston, TX looking for an information officer.
The primary responsibility of the position is to lead and manage a workstream within the Insurance Claims Transformation Group in the Americas. The group is part of the program designed to transform and optimize claims operations around the world. This position will report to delivery leadership in Houston and to Global delivery leadership organization in New Jersey.
- Take complete responsibility for cradle to grave for all deliveries from inception to post implementation support. Responsible for staff under direct supervision, development partners, and external partners contracted for local deliveries.
- Manage multiple delivery project managers within the region in conjunction with FTE staff and design and delivery partners. Focus will most likely be on delivery of a line of business to the US domestic users. Lead and focus design and delivery partners on solution delivery.
- Oversee development and execution of plan to rapidly roll out a workstream as quickly possible to obtain the business case benefit. Synchronize delivery with other workstream leaders in the region on common component in the region.
- Identify and manage critical areas of change in the workstream including interfacing with existing claim data stores and downstream systems such as general ledger, reinsurance, actuarial and reporting systems.
- Identify legacy functionality that must be integrated or replaced as part of the country specific functionality.
- Manage workstream development budget and contribute to determination of appropriate country staffing specific support levels.
- Driving solutions by eliminating obstacles through ongoing effective communication and alignment with program goals.
- Develop staff knowledge regarding key Claim business process, architecture, design patterns, bpm and soa common components and cost drivers. Ensure delivery stays within program guidelines.
- Research and introduce value add improvements to the core product.
- Acquire In depth knowledge of Claim functionally and technically.
- Participate in the hiring of open full time staff positions in the workstream.
12+ years experience in application development including 7 in a leadership position. Manage a team of 20+. Manage a budget of $5MM+.
- Strong ability to develop and maintain internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrated knowledge of international multi-cultural environments.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with multiple goals.
- Ability to educate and influence business partners as to the business benefits of identified initiatives.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), teamwork / teambuilding, and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to work with ambiguous project definitions, to function in unstructured work situations, and drive
structure into such situations.
- Superior project and large-scale program management, communication and presentation skills.
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.