Desktop Support - Houston, TX * 30526
A+ Desktop Support
Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals. Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems. Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups. Trains employees, identifies, analyzes, and repairs product failures, orders and replaces parts as needed. Determines and recommends which products or services best fit the customers' needs. May require an associate's degree or its equivalent. Requires at least 2 - 4 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for maintaining manufacturing systems, PCs and terminal server networks.
- Set up and maintain new and existing PCs.
- Troubleshoot and fix problems encountered on PCs and triage issues with affiliated departments .
- Create, edit, and maintain documentation for data collection reporting.
- Interface with data warehouse to pull reports for stored product data.
- Interface and upgrade systems as required, provide input on buy/lease on case-by-case basis
- Analyze data, recommend and drive process improvements.
- Perform system related duties.
• Personal Computer database generation, maintenance, analysis of multiple systems and processes.
• Responsible for maintaining inventory for PC spare parts (Ordering, Tracking, Procurement, etc.)
• Must interface with corporate end users as well as engineering and management staff.
• Works flexibly & actively to meet business priorities
• Seek & offers willingness to help/train whenever possible
• Seeks opportunities to grow skills and learn new tasks
• Must be able to work in a team environment
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED
• 2 year degree in IT related field or equivalent experience in IT
• Proficient in PC skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Knowledge and experience using process improvement tools
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Microsoft Office Suite experience (e.g. Excel)
.Experienced with enterprise ticketing system for managing trouble tickets and queue operations
.Understand SLA driven performance requirements within vendor/client operations
• 5 years prior experience in operating/maintaining PCs, laptops, and peripherals
• Experienced with warranty repair on OEM equipment and able to demonstrate process familiarity
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.