Praxair is a global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, high-performance coatings, and related services and technologies. Among the gases we supply are oxygen, nitrogen, argon, carbon dioxide, helium, and hydrogen.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Maintenance Engineer to be based at our Deer Park, TX location and will have a Regional support responsibility. This position will report to the Region Reliability Center Manager at the same location. The maintenance engineer works with the Regional Reliability team and other corporate/regional/plant personnel to achieve tactical reliability goals.
The overall objective of the Maintenance Engineer is to ensure the safe and reliable operation of production facilities at the lowest life cycle cost. The Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for the identification, development, and implementation of innovative solutions to electrical system/asset issues for multiple facilities. This person will be expected to work independently and make technical decisions and recommendations.
1. Primary technical resource for maintenance of all low/medium/high voltage electrical equipment such as switchgear, transformers, motors and distribution systems.
2. Monitor Preventive/Predictive maintenance program and ensure timely resolution of all identified issues.
3. Identify and resolve chronic electrical asset concerns (bad actors)
4. Develop and execute small (<$100k) expense/capital projects for reliability improvement.
5. Assist in resolution planning for long-term electrical asset concerns (reliability threats).
6. Assess equipment performance data and ensure optimal and efficient performance.
7. Assist in Corrective-maintenance, Preventive-maintenance and/or Project cost estimation.
8. Assist in turnaround planning and execution.
9. Assist in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process for major failures.
10. Drive resolution of highest impact issues with a strong sense of urgency and integrity.
This position requires a combination of office work and field work. This position typically requires approximately 40% travel domestically. Accessibility during off-hours (laptop and cell phone) is occasionally required.
1. Associate/Bachelor Degree in Engineering and minimum 5 years of experience in maintenance/reliability engineering in an industrial manufacturing environment OR
2. Non-degreed with minimum of 15 years of experience in maintenance/reliability engineering in an industrial manufacturing environment.
3. Proven experience in installation and troubleshooting of electrical equipment such as low/medium/high voltage switchgear, transformers, motors and distribution systems.
4. Proven knowledge of Preventive and Predictive maintenance methodologies and technologies.
5. Excellent communication, team interaction and presentation skills.
6. Proven ability to work independently as well as lead/participate on cross functional teams.
7. Proven experience as a self-starter who effectively manages multiple tasks and achieves results with minimal supervision.
8. Proven experience in computers and standard software packages (MS Office, E-Mail etc.).
1. Bachelor's Degree Electrical Engineering.
2. Proven understanding of regulatory and industrial standards and codes.
3. Proven understanding of control and instrumentation systems in an industrial manufacturing environment.
4. Proven experience in CMMS systems such as Infor EAM.
5. Proven experience in engineering documentation software (AutoCad, Visio etc).
6. Proven knowledge of reliability methodologies and strategies such as RCM, TPM, Spare Parts Management, Planning & Scheduling and CMMS optimization.
To apply for this position, go to: https://praxair.taleo.net/careersection/2/moresearch.ftl?lang=en
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.