Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.
Gulf Stream Marine, Inc. is the largest non-union Stevedore and Terminal Operators in the South Texas regional area. We currently service our clients in four local port facilities in Houston with additional offices in Freeport, Corpus Christi and Brownsville, Texas. Please visit our website at www.gulfstreammarine.com
Founded in 1990, Gulf Stream Marine has had a successful track record founded upon the vision of changing the stevedoring industry. The foremost contributing factors to our success are the basic ideals on which the company was founded:
- Quality customer service and employee participation at all levels.
Growth focused and poised to continually grow with the inward desire to develop and maintain each employee, advancing them to their full potential both professionally and personally.
As our business continues to grow, so does our need for qualified mechanic associates. In this role, you will work in a safe, clean, organized workspace. We will provide the training and parts needed to complete high-quality repairs effectively.
This is an ideal position for new diesel technical school graduate, a person with military mechanic experience, or someone with three or more years mechanic experience.
This position is responsible for maintaining and repairing the company’s fleet, which consists of all types of diesel and hydraulic powered equipment, including forklifts, container handlers, yard trucks, pickup trucks, golf carts, cranes, trailers and all their related components within the Mechanic Shop Department. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform routine PM (preventive maintenance) service on gas and diesel engines and on fuel, brake, hydraulic and transmission systems to ensure peak performance, safety, and longevity of the equipment.
• Perform minor repairs on engines, transmissions, differentials, fuel systems, steering systems, electrical systems and hydraulic systems.
• Perform dis assembly and overhaul of engines, transmissions, differentials, fuel system components, steering system components and hydraulic system components.
• Operate equipment to identify maintenance issues.
• Confer with operators and observe, test, and evaluate operation of equipment to properly diagnose cause of malfunction.
• May assist other mechanics in diagnosis and troubleshooting of equipment.
• Maintain a clean work area, free of debris or safety hazards and maintain an awareness of surroundings (i.e. vehicles, equipment, etc.) at all times.
• May lead/supervise work of others.
• Troubleshoot engines, transmissions, differentials, fuel systems, steering systems, electrical systems and hydraulic systems.
• May assist in ordering and/or requisitioning of parts and materials as needed.
• Manually track time spent on maintenance job orders on a time-sheet, which is then computer entered by supervisor.
• Must have High school diploma or equivalent.
• Must have a minimum of three (3) years related experience as a skilled equipment mechanic,
performing maintenance repairs on heavy equipment.
• Must have a minimum of three (3) years experience troubleshooting and repair of fuel systems and hydraulic systems.
• Must have experience and ability to use common hand and power tools.
• Must have the necessary hand tools for the maintenance of heavy and complex machinery.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak intermediate English.
• Must have the ability to function effectively in a fast paced, team oriented work environment.
• Must have the ability to work independently with limited supervision and strong initiative.
• Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees.
• Must have the ability to think logically, follow procedures, instructions and make sound decisions.
• Must be able to work (flexible hours) extended hours including nights, overtime, weekends and holidays.
• Must be able to obtain TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card.
• A safe working environment.
• Uniforms availabe / Safety Shoe Program.
• 401K with company match
• Overtime pay.
• Medical, Dental, Vision.
Candidates must pass drug screen and background check. Convictions will be reviewed case-by-case basis.
Gulf Stream Marine, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.