Job Title: Telecommunication Consultant
Location: Houston, TX 77042
Duration: 6-12+ months (Possibility for going permanent)
Job Description / Requirement:
• Telecommunications encompasses the internal and external telecommunications analyses, recommendations and implementations, as applicable, designed to provide the Company with sophisticated telecommunications equipment to effectively respond to client requirements and Company strategies.
• Develop, maintain, control, audit, analyze and manage a variety of information systems.
• Formulate and define system scope and objectives, devise strategies, develop or modify procedures, and resolve complex problems and related issues.
• Instruct, coordinate and check work of other information systems staff and lead projects with moderate to large budgets.
• Point to Point Microwave System UHF Two-Way Radios using Client Tetra VHF Marine Radio System using Tait Communications
• Fiber Optic Intruder Detection System
• Access Control System
• Closed Circuit Television (CCTV)
• Paging and Alarm (PAGA)
• Local Area Network (Cisco 3750 switches, Cisco 3925 WAN Routers.
• Telephony VOIP system using the Cisco Call Manager Business Edition 5000
• Structured Cabling to include Fiber, CAT 6, Twisted Pair, and Power Cables.
• Equipment Rack/Cabinet configuration.
• The successful candidate will design, development, implement, and enhance telecommunication and automation system networks, and equipment. Analyze existing networks and equipment and identify opportunities for improvement. Develop solutions that meet industry requirements, local, and international standards and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Telecommunication engineers must know how to use and support telecommunication equipment
• They must identify, assess and find solutions to various technical problems
• They must also be able to anticipate problems in services and equipment and design systems to minimize risk
• They should know how to design and create telecommunications systems
• Telecom engineers must be aware of government and company standards and procedures and apply or follow them accordingly
• Work as part of a team in FEED studies, functional design specifications, detailed engineering documentation, and implementation
• Develop test plans for configurations and third party devices to accomplish factory acceptance test (FAT) and site acceptance test (SAT) specifications.
• Support installation, startup, and commissioning of telecommunication and control systems
• Provide sales support. Support account managers and business development in defining and influencing customer’s telecommunications systems and integration requirements.
• Some travel, 30% – 50%, may be required.
• Strong people skills are required and the ability to work with clients and peers in focused teams throughout the project development phase to installation and commissioning. Attend and contribute to project technical design and clarification meetings.
Complexity of tasks:
• Strong analytical and communication skills are required to evaluate a wide variety of complex system information, and support related project sales efforts. The successful candidate will develop strong organization and planning skills with an in-depth understanding of the company's technical features and commercial strengths and relationships with markets.
Skills and Specifications:
• A candidate interested in this field must be able to solve problems and have the ability to analyze situations that are critical to the job
• Theoretical knowledge is not enough, the successful candidate must be persistent, organized and use analytical skills to use available information and apply it practically
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
• Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal, are required.
• A telecom engineer should be able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
• They must be a team player and work with different departments and workers in the field
• A Bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred but not required.
• Strong MS administration skills are a plus.
• 2-5 Years of experience are required in this or a related field.
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.
Click to copy
Just contact Customer Support.
Why list Telecommunication Consultant on eBay Classifieds? It's Free, Friendly & Local