-- 2 -- Mechanical Engineers -- Off Road Equipment (Houston)
Posted by: wnorris | View all ads Profile: Registered user, Active since 12/2010
Address: Houston, TX 77027
Date Posted: 04/01/13 Job Type: Full-time Description:
1. Evaluate field issues and develop solutions that can be handed off to the Room and Pillar Engineering team.
2. Liaison between end user, dealer, supplier, factory and engineering to develop product improvements.
3. Identify potential product problems by working with dealers, customers and engineering.
4. Support the Continuous Product Improvement (CPI) project teams by coordination of field validation, initial corrective actions and permanent corrective actions programs.
5. Identify warranty based on engineering, workmanship or end user conditions.
6. Assist with New Product Introductions (NPI) projects
1. Bachelors degree in either Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
2. Technically sound in structures, power trains and overall machine systems.
3. Professional verbal and written communications skills. Will be required to present solutions to all parties.
4. Must develop machine application knowledge.
5. This position requires both domestic and international travel and the ability to visit underground mine sites.
6. Experience with heavy equipment and or mining equipment mechanical design.
7. Self starter that can work independently without close supervision.
8. Goal oriented. Meet objectives in a timely manner.
9. Customer Focused: Can work with the end user to resolve the issue and build brand confidence.
1. Knowledgeable of underground systems and applications
2. Six Sigma
3. Pro E, SAP, FEA, MS Office including Word, Power Point, Excel, Project Management skills
Ad ID: 23935551