Responsible for the integrity of the financial processes and accounting policy for large international company 1 hour east of Houston, TX. As an integral member of the leadership team, this position provides day-to-day and long term leadership for all Finance functions for the manufacturing division – always looking for ways to add value and improve efficiency. This position also provides management and oversight of the South Region Accounting Resource. Works with division, plant and operations manufacturing leaders to explain cost and production variations and their economic impact. Involved in various levels of economic analysis related to project accounting and working with division resources to assure ops financial records are accurate. Completes accounting close activity for the plant.
1. Support plant in achieving its Financial Performance Objectives (i.e. deliver plant fiscal year results). Lead the plant’s efforts in developing annual and periodic forecast updates. Lead monthly analysis of site manufacturing cost and the preparation & analysis of site cost reports. Assist plant in developing and meeting WCM Cost Savings targets and complete monthly savings reconciliations.
2. Guide plant efforts in assessing cost shortfalls from forecast and/or other cost commitments. Develop and prioritize reporting and metrics for easy visibility of gap analyses to department and plant costs. Provide support and education to key plant leaders on all issues related to plant cost and accounting so they can effectively own and manage their budgets and cost performance.
3. Drive improvement in plant Raw and Packaging efforts. Complete routine review of financial impacts of R&P usage and losses. Assist plant in identifying and implementing R&P loss reduction efforts. Audit the plant’s R&P inventory management and cycle count processes and drive adherence to internal controls requirements.
4. General finance and accounting responsibilities: Manage the plant monthly close process. Effective oversight and clean-up of cost management at the cost center level. Provide support for the Fixed Assets Management system (review of Capital project capitalizations, closings, etc). Ensure appropriate internal controls are in place and in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and other accounting rules.
5. Identify & lead/sponsor key cost initiatives to drive improved results and/or process improvements. Contribute to overall organizational effectiveness through building collaborative relationships and developing finance team, operations, and plant leadership financial capability across business functions.
6. General pant support and participation in World Class Mfg efforts. Lead Plant Performance Tracking process, including completion of monthly plant scorecard. Support Improvements Methodology (IM) Pillar and other plant pillar activities. From an HR perspective, manage the plant’s Admin/AP resource.
EDUCATIONAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
• At least 4 years experience in a cost accounting and/or analysis/leadership role.
• Bachelors degree - business or accounting and MBA preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of financial reporting and experience in interpreting accounting and finance-
• Demonstrated leadership, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Financial Analysis processes and procedures within a manufacturing environment.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully apply forecasting techniques and skills to develop and evaluate business goals and strategies, analyze information to derive insights and implications to initiate planning and/or re-planning, and controlling actual results versus budget.
• Results-oriented to ensure delivery of appropriate products and services in an accurate, complete, and timely fashion.
• Business acumen to elicit trust and credibility with all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated experience and ability in compiling annual operating plans and budgets.
• Demonstrated knowledge of operational accounting (cost accounting, including project costing).
• Excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
• Proven track record working with other resources to manage and execute effectively.
• Demonstrated advanced skills with the standard features of various personal computer word processing and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and other financially-related and proprietary software).
• Ability to communicate cost and financial information to multiple levels across the business.
• Ability to work independently, creatively and efficiently with minimal direction in an unstructured environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
• Team player with initiative and strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to effectively interact, influence, and communicate with multiple levels of the organization.
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.